List of leading online bookmakers
This is our table of leading sports-focused bookmakers. We have also included important recommendations for making the right choice when it comes to choosing online bookmakers.
Show More (180)
What we need to know about online bookmakers
Every bookmaker today develops its website which presents its services online. Years ago, bookmakers would only provide bets through their local posts. Well, things are very different today. It’s been years since the bookmaker websites have been put on the map, and the betting business has reached colossal proportions. One of the benefits of such bookmaker websites is that you can make your bets while sitting comfortably in front of your computer. There is also the fact that anyone can place their bets through their mobile devices since most bookmakers have specially developed mobile versions of the bookmakers as well as downloadable applications. Such versions and applications have been designed to be compatible with smartphones and tablets. With time, practicality and simplicity have taken over betting at local posts since people feel much more comfortable placing their bets online.
So let us summarize the pros and cons of online bookmakers:
- Practicality – There is no need to travel to a local bar or betting post
- The placing of bets is done from the comfort of your own home, or while you’re on the road, through your mobile device
- Variety of payment methods – Yes, you can use a wide range of payment methods on the websites
- Customer care – Every self-respecting bookmaker has a separate section dedicated strictly to the needs of its customers
- Bonuses – One of the biggest reasons why people have started using online betting. You can emerge yourself into the world of online betting because through the bonuses (especially the free ones) you can familiarise yourself with the entire process. This way you will be able to establish the basics and acquire an accurate assessment of how to place bets in the future.
- Live bets – As with local betting posts, you can bet on live-stream games in the online world as well.
- Live-streaming – Before, it might have been necessary to have cable or satellite to watch a given game or match, but now you can live-stream hundreds of sports and championships. The best part is that everything on the bookmaker websites is streamed via video.
- Almost all of the leading bookmaker websites already have an option to stop a bet, called CASH-OUT
- There are few websites where you will find such appealing and fair odds. Here, at Betenemy.com we only present bookmakers offering competitive and high coefficients.
- Many websites do not accept players from foreign countries. Unfortunately, many bookies are still trying to get their license to operate legally in some jurisdictions.
- Many bookmakers limit their players.
- There is a deadline for paying out the reward for many of the payment methods. We urge you to use the money transfer option of Skrills or another electronic wallet. However, if you are willing to wait 1-5 days, then the sure-fire way of paying would be using debit or credit cards, or through a way of a bank transfer.
What should we focus on when choosing a bookmaker?
Take a look at our advice which you should follow when you choose an online bookmaker.
1. A gambling license
Should we play on bookmaker websites that possess a license?
Many of the players, especially those who are new, cannot decide whether to place bets on licensed bookmaker websites or on those who have not yet been legalised for a lot of countries. As you may know, State commissions for gambling in the UK, Gibraltar and Malta to name but a few have acquired licenses for some bookmakers. But, to be completely accessible, the State needs to issue a license as well for the territory with which the bookmakers wish to be in business. Thanks to this, the players can access the official websites without any issues, and on the other hand, the bookmakers can pay the taxes to that particular country. Some sites acquire a license of their own for most countries in the European Union. And with that comes the unhindered access and clarity that this bookmaker has fulfilled all of the requirements.
However, the fact that a certain bookmaker has not yet acquired a license for a particular country does not in any way mean that they do not offer good conditions. As they do already have a legal license, you can successfully register on their website without worrying they there would be any access restrictions. Mind you that players can access it through an alternative address.
- Advantages of licensed bookmakers:
- They operate and pay their taxes legally. In this way they have verified their request for a serious brand and a sure bookmaker
- There is no need to search for mirror websites and alternative links for access
- Most of them also have an English version of the website as well as customer care provided by a team of experts
- Non-Licensed bookmakers:
- You need to use alternative connections to access the websites
- Even though they are not legal, they still have good offers such as: coefficients, bonuses, payouts and extras
2. Payment Methods
- First off, it is important to check what kind of deposit and withdrawal methods are allowed by the particular website. There should be the most popular and convenient ones such as debit cards, e-wallets, bank transfer or crypto payments.
- Secondly, you should check if there is a fee when depositing or withdrawing money. Usually, no such fee is charged, but if there is one, then it would be minimal.
- What are the limits for placing bets – what is the minimum deposit and how much can you bet.
- Last but not least, check how long it will take for your money to reach you with each different payment method. As we have mentioned, with most methods, it takes 1-5 days, whereas, with electronic wallets such as Neteller or Skrill, the process will only take minutes.
3. New player bonuses and other promotions
One of the most discussed factors is the existence of bonuses amongst online bookmakers. Without a doubt, this can be a huge plus, especially if a specific website offers you a compensation-free starting bonus. In this way, you will be able to familiarise yourself with the way the game played and all of its online distinctions. The best part is that you will not be losing any of your own money but rather the money given to you by the bookmaker.
Let’s start with welcome bonuses. Some are 50% of the overall bet that you have placed, and others are 100%. But do not let yourself bet tricked if a particular bookmaker is giving you a more significant amount as a bonus! It is important to know that the more massive bonuses are bound with more complex requirements. This way the money gets rolled over and only after that will you be able to withdraw your winnings.
We recommend that you focus on bookmakers giving out smaller bonuses, with more straightforward requirements for money roll over where you are not as bound. Such a bookmaker is Betfair, which gives amazing rewards for its Sports Exchange. You can find more in-depth details about the bonuses and how you can acquire them in our review of Betfair.
We already took a look at the bonuses for new players, and now it’s time to let you know of the ones for registered players. Even though some bookmakers may have some unappealing bonuses for new customers, they might be among the best when it comes to loyalty bonuses.
4. Betting possibilities and offered championship
Any good bookmaker must combine many different sports and, respectively, an assortment of championships and divisions if you are set on betting on any particular matches that are not available on certain bookmakers that would be a sign that you should look to another one. Anyway, aside from all of the offered sports and different championships, it is time to discuss the variety of bets as well as the possibility for different combinations.
It is crucial that you choose a bookmaker that not only offers all the standard options for the result but also includes the following for all of matches and bets:
- Half-times (first/last)
- Number of corners
- Goals (over/under)
- Asian Handicap
An essential part for every betting enthusiast when choosing an online bookmaker is to check what is the range of the odds. Each bookmaker sets specific rates for the different markets at a sports event. These odds express the chance for a specific event to happen or not. Some bookmakers give better odds for events, markets or sports, and others are stronger in different areas. Therefore, it is essential to look at how the odds are moving and what margin the bookmaker keeps for himself. The margin is a percentage that indicates whether the bookmaker offers high rates or not. The lower this percentage, the higher the odds.
It’s a good idea to research the sports and events you mostly bet. If in an online platform the odds are high, in another one they might be even higher, and that will surely be better for you and the possible profit you will win. Odds are a part of both the stakes before the start of a match and the live match, so there is something to pay attention to during your research and bookmaker selection.
6. Live bets
There probably isn’t a single player who has not tried in-play betting. This kind of wagers is far more dynamic, offers more adrenalin and in most cases, the coefficients are considerably higher. That is the reason why most players choose bookmakers that offer live bets. It is important to mention that you should pay attention to the number of broadcasted matches, as many websites do offer an in-play section, but there are not as many available matches. The leading online bookmakers offer more than 20 000 matches a month available for wagering live.
7. Betting options
All modern online bookmakers provide certain features on their sites. You shouldn’t choose a betting company without paying attention to the various functionalities of the betting platform a bookmaker uses. Not all options are readily available, but it’s good to know the main ones you need to be on the lookout for.
Definitely one of the best functionalities that a bookmaker site can have. With the Cash Out option, the user gets the opportunity to settle their bet before the sports event has come to an end. A bet can be closed at a profit or a lesser loss if things do not work as you have planned. This option certainly gives customers a great flexibility. You can also look for other Cash Out varieties that some platforms offer – Partial and Automatic Cash Out.
You probably have already figured out that live-streaming allows you to watch any live match. Video streaming directly from the bookmaker website contributes to better tracking of the development of matches. This way you can quickly come to conclusions and respectively place your bets with the hope that they are the most reasonable. The quality websites offer more than 2000 live-stream matches a month.
Another useful feature you will not find in many places, but it’s good to know it. By editing your bet, you will be able to make changes to wagerss you have already confirmed. Changes are usually limited to adding a selection to your bet, removing selected markets, and modifying the type of bet, for example from a 4-fold to a system, or choosing a new stake amount.
This is one of the newest features you can find at online bookmakers. The betting option allows bettors to combine different markets from the same match, with the bookmaker offering certain odds for the choice made. Typically, at betting platforms, bettors cannot place bets on more than two combined markets, but with this feature, things are different. The bet builder allows you to combine multiple selections into one, with the exact number depending on the bookmaker.
8. Mobile versions and available applications
More and more players place their bet through their mobile devices. It is crucial for a bookmaker’s website to have developed a mobile version compatible with all mobile devices. Even though a large number of sites already have a mobile version, not all of them are as responsive as users would like. A mobile-first betting site would mean that you will enjoy an optimised wagering experience for any device as well as almost any screen resolution.
Secondly, you should look for a bookmaker that has specially developed mobile applications for all the leading smartphones and tablets. Such apps are available mostly for Android devices (Samsung, HTC, Lenovo, some tablets, and others), iOS ( iPhones and Ipads), phones with Windows mobile software, and even some Blackberry models.
9. Customer support
At the end of our bookies’ reviews, there is an option for clients to leave comments and give feedback for the given bookmaker. In this way, every single player can share their opinion and rate the bookmaker. That being said, you can check out how we have rated the customer care and support for given bookmakers, as well as read up on what our visitors have said about each one. We advise you to check up on how you can get in touch with the particular bookmaker that you have chosen. Check if the bookmaker offers 24-hour care and support and if it is through phone, live chat, email and so one. Our advice is that you choose a bookmaker that offers all of these contact options. Also, you should make sure that their customer care and support team is highly rated and have only positive reviews written about them!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are betting companies legal?
There is nothing illegal about bookmaker companies offering their services both offline and online. As long as they adhere to relevant laws and regulations, their betting services are welcome among sports fans and clean in the eyes of the law. Licensed bookmakers operate legally, under certified conditions, paying taxes and catering to their target audience freely.
How can I open a bookmaker betting account?
Should you wish to create a betting account with a bookmaker online, you can do this very easily. Simply visit the official website and find the button that says “Register”, “Join”, “Sign Up” or “Create Account”. Fill in the form that appears on the screen by providing some personal info. Establish a username and password, agree to the terms and conditions of the website and submit.
Do I have to verify my account and how?
In most cases, you will have to verify your betting account. Some websites may email you after registration to verify your address. Furthermore, you will need to provide specific documents to prove your age and identity. Depending on the bookmaker, you may need to upload the documents to the site directly, or send them to a certain email address and wait for the management to verify you.
What is the best bookmaker to bet with?
It is hard to point out a single bookmaker brand as the best one of all. However, the profile of a top bookmaker is easy to recognize. The brand must provide competitive odds, a wide range of betting markets and betting options, as well as live bets. The best online bookmakers need to give customers lucrative bonuses and loyalty rewards. Not to mention they need to support their clients’ preferences to game on mobile and pay with convenient banking solutions. A dedicated customer assistance team is always welcome, enhancing the experience even further.
How to beat online bookies?
There is no strategy we can share that guarantees beating the bookies. You have to find your own betting style that brings you the most benefits. But, studying the teams taking part in the events you are betting on is always a good idea. Play cleverly, within reasonable amounts, within what you can afford. Manage your funds, stay up to date with new promos and you should do just fine.
Betting Tips to Beat the Bookmaker
- Tip №1: Don’t follow what others do. Research the bookmaker.
Receiving a recommendation from a fellow bettor can sometimes result in finding your next favourite place to bet at. However, other peoples experiences can’t transfer on you and if someone had a good time, you might not. Always take a bit of time to research new online bookmakers you aren’t familiar with and learn about their highlights. Think of your personal preferences and check if they can provide you with the needed payment methods, betting opportunities and favourable odds.
- Tip №2: Always look for a useful support team of bookmaker’ site
You may think you know it all, but unexpected situations are always a possibility. At times when you may need assistance, you want to be sure that the support team will be there to help. Make sure that your selected bookie maintains a high level of customer service and the agents can cover all grounds.
- Tip №3: Bet responsibly. Understand that it is all about risk.
A strong mindset is what will help you beat online bookmakers more than anything else will. Online gambling is attractive due to the risk factor it involves. However, the same risk factor can become counterproductive if you aren’t on top of things. Make sure you are always in control of your betting decisions, that you know precisely what amounts you are putting at risk. Be prepared to lose and let yourself feel joy whenever you win. Easy!
Which Bookmaker To Choose?
After examining various bookmakers well following the criteria we have listed and making a comparison between them, you can finally make your decision. Select a bookmaker that is as close as possible to your wishes and meets your requirements for a betting site fully. It all depends on what you are looking for and on how much you are ready to comprise. Remember, no matter what decision you make, online gambling is a risky hobby. Play responsibly!