Specific Information about Tote Bet in Horse Racing
A Tote bet is a form of betting in horse racing where punters gamble in a pool. After that, the prize money is divided among the winners. This form of betting has become popular in horse racing punting since gamblers wager less for a significant outcome. One of the main reasons you should place a Tote bet is that you stand a chance to earn more significant returns, primarily if you focus on outsiders. Throughout this read, you will learn the best sites for placing Tote bets, how Tote Bets works, and tips and strategies for successful Tote betting.
Top Recommended Online Bookmakers for Tote Bet
To get the best horse racing events for Tote bets, you need a website with valuable options and multiple betting markets like the options provided below.
- Different bonuses
- Cash Out
- Different payment methods
- Wide range of casino games
- Hundreds of sports betting markets
- Lots of other betting options like bingo and poker
- High Odds
- Good Mobile Apps
- Reliable Customer Support
- High odds
- Great markets
- Superb support
- Good odds
- Mobile apps
- Great support
- Odds promotions
- Good sports betting
- Opportunity to watch the games live
Bet365 is a renowned online punting platform known to cover a wide range of horse racing events. The bookmaker is suitable for placing Tote bets on domestic horse racing events such as the Japan Cup and Melbourne Cup, among many other international horse races. It also has various features that make Tote online betting easy.
- Excellent coverage of domestic and international horse racing markets.
- Offers outstanding odds on events for Tote bets.
- The Tote function is easy to operate.
- Provides in-depth horse racing statistics for Tote bettors.
- Lacks Tote bet promotions.
№2 William Hill
Since 1934, William Hill has provided betting services to European punters and gamblers worldwide. The bookmaker is currently one of the best Tote bet horse racing sites that guarantee daily horse racing events for fans. Any bettor who wants to place Tote bets on international markets will find a dedicated horse racing page. It also has fast payment methods that allow instant cash deposits for staking on Tote bets.
- Offers live results to Tote bettors.
- Provides incredible statistics of horse races to help with Tote betting.
- Allows live streaming of different horse races.
- Has the best coverage for international horse racing events.
- Poor coverage of domestic horse racing events.
Ladbrokes is a dependable online betting site that is constantly crawling with new horse racing events. That makes the bookie one of the best options for expert and amateur gamblers who want to place Tote bets. Apart from covering domestic events, Ladbrokes has the perfect coverage for international markets. You should thus look forward to events from horse racing competitions such as Dubai World Cup and The Cheltenham Festival.
- Has the best coverage for international and local events for Tote bettors.
- Allows live streaming of horse races.
- Provides incredible odds suitable for Tote betting.
- The Tote betting option is easily accessible.
- Lacks suitable Tote bet promotions.
Founded in 2006, Betway has proven to be one of the best Tote bet horse racing sites. That is because the bookie has fantastic coverage of the UK and Irish races. Furthermore, it has features that allow Tote bettors to keep up with their races. Lastly, Betway updates its horse racing events daily, which is why you will never miss a horse racing event so long as you are registered to the platform.
- Betway allows streaming of horse races which is perfect for Tote bettors.
- The site provides its client’s with competitive horse racing odds.
- Offers statistics on events, thus making Tote betting easy.
- Has the best catalogue of Irish and UK events for Tote betting.
- Offers few to no Tote bet promotions for punters.
Tote is the pioneer of Tote betting and is one of the few sites you should consider so long as you know how to place a Tote bet. That is because the punting site is unique with multiple features that make Tote betting fulfilling. Tote mainly focuses on international horse racing events, with most of its selections coming from UK and Irish meetings. The bookmaker is among the few sites that constantly update its horse racing page with new events as soon as the meetings are confirmed.
- Offers insurance on Tote bets.
- Has the best horse racing odds favourable for Tote betting.
- Provides live streams of horse race matches.
- Has a Tote+ feature that gives better dividends on Tote bets.
- Poor coverage of domestic meetings.
BoyleSports continues to trend as one of the best Tote bet horse racing sites for anyone interested in placing Tote bets. The bookie is famous for having terrific Tote prizes compared to its competitors, which is why it is famous among horse racing bettors. Even though it only focuses on Irish and UK sports, it has a good selection of domestic horse racing events. That means you will have access to some of the best horse races across the globe.
- Updates its horse racing meets every day.
- Has a special section for Tote options.
- Offers punters the best odds proper for horse racing.
- Allows live streaming of specific horse racing events.
- Lacks Tote bet promotions
As a former partner of the Tote gambling website, Betfred understands the Tote betting landscape better than most bookies. That means you should be confident of daily refreshed horse racing events. Furthermore, Tote bet enthusiasts should look forward to a long list of international and domestic horse racing markets. However, to place any tote bets, you must have a fully registered account, just like is the case with its competitors. The only difference is that at Betfred, the Tote bet option is easily accessible, which means you will have an easy time placing Tote bets.
- Covers both international and domestic horse racing markets.
- Has a Totepool platform that contains placepot.
- Provides access to fantastic horse racing statistics for Tote bettors.
- Allows streaming of select horse racing events.
- Lacks suitable Tote bet promotions.
How Does a Tote Bet Work?
A Tote bet is relatively easy to grasp. It entails placing a bet on particular horses in a specific race. However, unlike other types of betting, the money is pooled, thus creating a Tote Place bet. After the race, winners receive a portion of the pool prize, depending on how much they wagered. It is one of the best ways to punt on an event and walk away with significant sums of money despite staking a small amount.
How to Place a Bet On the Tote?
Placing Tote bets is easy, especially if you are on the Tote bet horse racing platforms listed above. Keep in mind that different bookmakers offer different horse racing sections. To proceed, log into the bookmaker and follow the steps below.
- Enter the race time you wish to punt on.
- Wait for the card to load to view the riders and runners.
- Click on the tote option for the race you wish to punt on.
- Add the bet on your bet slip.
- Enter the amount of stake you wish to wager.
- Submit the bet slip and wait for the results.
Pros & Cons of Tote Betting
Like any other form of gambling, Tote betting comes with various pros and cons that punters should know. Comparing the demerits and merits of tote betting will help determine if placing a tote bet is beneficial or not. For a better understanding, below is a table explaining the pros and cons of Tote betting.
- Tote Betting Pros
- It gives you a chance to win substantial sums of money
- It only requires a small investment
- Offers various Tote betting options such as Tote Win and Placepot bets
- Exciting for players who wish to follow the entire horse racing meetings
- Tote Betting Cons
- Chances of Winning a Tote bet is less
- Payouts might be lower depending on your stake and the number of wins
Criteria When Choosing the Best Tote Betting Site
Choosing the best Tote betting site is mandatory if you want to have an easy time placing Tote bets. That is because, with a suitable bookmaker, you are not just sure of the best-betting markets. You are also sure that you will receive substantial odds and other Tote betting functions that will make Tote betting exciting. Furthermore, the best bookies guarantee incredible Tote dividends. With that said, here are some of the factors to consider when choosing the best tote betting site.
- Available Markets – A good Tote betting site should have incredible markets. For instance, you should have access to international horse racing markets and local horse racing events. With such options, it becomes easy to place profitable Tote bets.
- Odds Level – Odds levels matter when determining the amount you are likely to pocket if the Tote bet pens out. That is why you should only go for Tote bet horse racing sites that guarantee the best odds sizes.
- Useful Options – Useful options, otherwise known as betting features, are specific elements included in bookies making Tote Betting effortless and more enjoyable. They also give bettors total control of their accounts. They include Tote bet builders, live results sections, and horse racing stats section.
- Mobile-Friendly – Tote betting on the move is significant since it gives you access to some of the best horse racing markets, regardless of your location. Hence, consider horse racing bookmakers that either have a mobile website or an iOS or Android app.
Tote Bet in Horse Racing Betting Guide: Tips & Strategies
Tote bets in horse racing are known to be quite challenging, especially if you are still new to this type of punting. However, you will become incredible at placing Tote bets in any horse racing market with a few tips and strategies. Furthermore, the best strategies will help increase your winning chances. With that said, below are some of the best Tote bet tips and strategies that you should always apply when placing Tote bets.
- Tip 1:
Don’t always punt on the favorite to make your Tote bet dividends substantial.
- Tip 2:
If you are an excellent horse racing bettor, often consider placing outsider Tote bets.
- Tip 3:
Go for Totes place pools with significant Tote bet dividends.
- Strategy 1:
Use the statistics provided by the bookie and other materials to analyse the runners and the jockeys.
- Strategy 2:
Always use Tote bet horse racing options provided by the bookmaker.
- Strategy 3:
In any competitive meeting, make sure you punt on multiple lines.
What is Tote betting?
Tote Betting entails betting for a prize pool. Each horse racing bet stake is added to a pool and divided among the winners.
How to bet with the Tote?
You bet with the Tote by picking the suitable markets and opting for the Tote option provided by the bookie.
Which is the best online bookmaker for Tote horse racing?
The best online bookmaker for Tote horse racing is Tote sportsbook. That is because it is the pioneer of Tote betting, and it provides Tote bet insurance.
What are the major Tote pooling options?
The major Tote bet pooling options include Placepot, Jackpot, Trifecta, and Win, among others.
Can you place Tote bets online?
You can place Tote bets online so long as you do it on a recommended Tote bet horse racing site.
Is Tote a type of pool betting?
Tote bet is a type of pool betting that allows you to try out your luck on a substantial pool prize using a small investment.
Tote Bet in Horse Racing Summary – Final Verdict & Comments
Tote bet in horse racing has become a popular type of bet that allows punters to wager on various horses and stand a chance to win a significant sum of money. The horse racing betting option only requires a small investment. However, you need to follow the Tote betting tips provided in this review for the best outcome. You should also consider placing your Tote bets on the above bookmakers since they have the best horse racing markets and Tote betting options.