As crazy as we are about placing bets, sports betting has one glaring flaw – there has to be an event for you to bet on. This does sound a bit odd, but try to remember the times you want to place a good acca and didn’t do so because of a lack of matches. In 2020, when most sports weren’t being played, this flaw became much more apparent. Well, we have a solution, and it’s called virtual sports betting sites.
This niche is relatively unknown to many punters, but Betеnemy believes it to be an amazing alternative and a great excuse to try something different. In today’s guide, we’ll showcase it in all its glory. From betting tips to the most popular markets, everything will be neatly explained. After just a few minutes, you’ll be ready to hit the ground running and able to win at online bookies for virtual sports. Now, let’s get started!
Top Rated Bookmakers for Virtuals Sports Betting
Virtual sports are popular events since they last a short time and are not affected by the weather. If you are a fan of punting on virtual football, virtual horse racing, and virtual greyhounds, here are sites you should consider.
One of the advantages of 888sport is that it has huge coverage of sports, including virtuals. With the bookie, you can access horse racing, greyhounds, and football virtuals.
- Offers several virtual sports
- Provides extensive virtuals statistics
- Covers a full range of markets
- Provides punters with excellent odds
- Lacks virtuals betting tips
If you are searching for various virtual sports events, you should sign up on Boylesports. The bookie is unique, with multiple virtual sports to punt on.
- Offers virtual sports animations
- Provides live statistics of virtual sports
- Offers real-time results of virtual sports
- Guarantees incredible virtual sports odds
- Lack virtual sports bonuses
William Hill does not just focus on real sports. It also has virtual horse racing, virtual greyhounds, and virtual football matches that you can punt on.
- Has multiple virtual sports events
- Offers precise real-time results
- Events happen every 4 minutes
- Covers jumps and flat horse racing events
- Virtual sports lack compelling odds
Even though Unibet mainly attracts real sports bettors, it is also an ideal place to gamble on virtual events. After all, it offers a couple of virtual horse races.
- Offers live animations of virtual events
- Has the best virtual odds
- Covers a wide variety of virtual markets
- Has great odds
- Has only a few virtual sports
Ladbrokes has the best computer-controlled games that you can punt on if you prefer gambling on virtual bets. The bookmaker covers multiple virtual events compared including virtual greyhounds and virtual horse racing.
- Covers multiple virtual events
- Offers unique virtual sports markets
- Has the best virtual horse racing events
- Offers live animations
- Lacks virtual sports bonuses
It is quite hard to overlook Bwin’s list of virtual sports. That is because the bookie offers only the best virtual sports selections to its esteemed clients.
- Provides punters with HD live videos
- Offers live statistics
- Has outstanding virtual sports odds
- Displays real-time results
- Lacks virtual sports bonuses
What Is Virtual Sports Betting?
Virtual sports betting could be considered any activity involving real money wagers on computer-simulated sports. How does this system work, though? Well, the best way to describe virtual sports would be as video games that a computer plays against itself. Think of it as a completely random simulation of real-life sports. You can take punts on virtual football, basketball, tennis, and much more. The options are virtually (pun intended) limitless.
One of the most stunning things about virtual sports betting sites is the graphics. And this is even more amazing when you realize how bad the games were initially. Today, it’s almost otherworldly. This isn’t your everyday, cheap animation. Oh no, virtual sports look dazzling. Some software is even easy to mistake for a TV broadcast – that’s how great it feels.
Which Are Some Trusted Virtual Sports Betting Sites?
Why do we insist on licensed bookmakers so much? It’s easy – safety has always been a priority of hours. And when you’re betting online, knowing how your data is being handled is important. That’s basically what a license guaranteed. These trusted bookies have to abide by a set of regulations and they can get hit with harsh penalties and legal repercussions if they’re up to no good. But then again, it’s easy to get a license nowadays, resulting in a lot of average sites. Well, Betenemy is only interested in top betting websites. That’s why ran an extensive series of comparisons and tests, all results in the list you see above. These are by far the best online bookmakers for virtual sports, and we think you’ll love them.
What Are the Available Betting Markets?
Just because it’s simulated, that doesn’t mean you won’t find a plethora of interesting markets at virtual sports betting sites. Here are our favourite ones:
- Correct score. Virtual sports games are based on the same principles as real ones, so you can do the same things you would have done otherwise. Regardless of the exact sport that’s being simulated, you can place wagers on the final score. Now, this is considered to be a pretty risky net, but it can do wonders if you’re betting on virtual football.
- Half-time result. Another great thing about online virtual sports betting sites is that there’s always some action. This directly means that you’re not forced to sit through games/matches you don’t want to. Therefore, you can just watch a half and be done with it. In such cases, the half-time result lets you focus on a minor part of the game, whether it’s basketball, football, or something else.
- Match/Race winner. In traditional sports, this is also known as the 1×2. You can pick one of these three outcomes – home team wins, visiting team wins, or draw. When it comes to virtual greyhound racing or horse racing, you just pick the winner outright. It’s definitely something you would find at regular bookies, too.
- Tricast. Used only in virtual racing, whether it’s motorsports or hounds/horses, the tricast lets you pick the top 3 finishers in exact order. It’s one of the highest-paying exotic bets, but it’s also by far the riskiest. Even if one of the competitors ends up slipping or if positions are changed, your slip is as good as gone. Use it moderately and don’t sweat it if you get it wrong. It’s hard to pick the race winner, let alone the next two finishers in exact order.
- Total Goals/Points/Games – Over/Under. Don’t like guessing who will win? That’s okay, you can focus on the cumulative score then. The O/U group of markets let you pick whether the total will be more or less than the predetermined margin. You’ll find that the margin always comes with a decimal (e.g. O/U 3.5 goals) so that the outcome is one of the two options. This market can be seen in football, basketball, tennis, volleyball, etc.
- Double chance. Remember the 1×2 we mentioned just a minute ago? This is that market’s younger, more merciful cousin. Instead of picking just one of the three available options, you can choose two (1x, 2x, 12), giving you a 66% chance of winning. Of course, the payout is a bit lower since it’s much less risky than the original.
- Forecast. Just like the tricast, the forecast lets you pick the top 3 in a race. The only difference, though, is that they don’t have to finish in exact order. Regardless of who ends up where the victory is yours if the picks end up on top.
- Handicaps. We at Betenemy love a close game at virtual betting sites. However, you’ll often encounter heavily lopsided simulations. If you find yourself in this situation, look for handicap markets. They are used to make the game more even, by assigning the underdog a head start. Whether it’s seconds in racing, goals in football, or points in tennis, the favourite has to win by an amount that’s more than the assigned handicap and the underdog can’t lose by more than that margin. Asian handicaps don’t include draws, while European markets let you in on the full 1×2.
What Are the Pros & Cons of Virtual Sports Betting?
Perhaps the biggest advantage of virtual betting is the fact that the games never stop. There’s always a simulation so you’ll never see yourself refreshing the bookie’s homepage incessantly. Plus, the action is always streamed in HD. This means that the end experience is almost as immersive as the real thing on the telly.
As for the cons, well… It’s virtual. There’s no suspense or emotion that you feel while betting on other sports. Most punters don’t bet just for the sake of doing it – they do so to supplement their favourite activity, which just so happens to be catching a game or two. On the other hand, this lack of emotion can be a good thing. Some of our readers reported that playing at virtual sports betting sites results in a much clearer head. In turn, this leads to better decision-making.
What Are Some Virtual Sports Betting Tips?
Now that you know all the essentials, try these tips on for size. You’ll find them useful in all virtual sports games:
Virtual sports do not have a connection with real sports. Just because it looks like football, that doesn’t mean it is. Remember, it’s a computer simulation and nothing is real. Even though some software suppliers do make the whole thing very realistic, don’t be fooled. It’s all coming from the algorithm.
Try bets for the outsiders. Since everything is randomized, you will see a higher rate of upsets and high odds coming to fruition. That’s why this is the ideal situation to experiment and try new things.
Results are randomly generated. The program randomly assigns every ongoing game a result, and what actually happens on the pitch doesn’t affect this in any way, shape, or form.
Do not rely on statistics and look for tendencies. Statistics don’t mean anything in virtual sports. Due to the randomness, there are no statistical mean teams can regress to or otherwise. Tendencies are a much better indication of what might happen.
Is it a Good Idea to Bet on Virtual Football?
Yes, of course! It’s one of the most popular games at virtual betting sites. Despite the fact that it’s not the Manchester Derby or anything similar, Betenemy believes that it’s an exhilarating experience everyone has to go through. And besides – everything is random, so you can focus on having fun.
Is it Worth it to Bet on Virtual Sports?
We believe so. However, take every bet you place with a grain of salt. You won’t be able to use the power of statistics to fuel your strategy, so a good risk-reward ratio is what you should aim for. Still, you can win regularly with some cool-headed thinking.
Which famous markets in virtual sports betting should I bet on?
We at Betenemy prefer double chance, 1×2, and trifecta bets, but you can add more to the mix if you feel like it.
What games can I play at virtual sports betting sites?
You can bet on virtual football, tennis, greyhounds, horse racing, motorsports, cycling, American football, darts, and even eSports.
Are virtual sports games fixed?
No, they aren’t. All games are simulated and run by computer software, which is tested for fairness by third-party auditing firms. It’s random, but not fixed.
What are the best virtual sports betting sites?
Check out our list of trusted bookies to find a plethora of attractive choices.
Is there a strategy for winning bets on virtual sports games?
Due to there being no stats, there’s no real strategy involved. Still, the markets are the same as in real sports, so you can do what you usually do.
Are there bonuses given out at virtual sports betting sites?
Yes, online bookmakers for virtual sports regularly reward their sites with promotions. Find one that’s both lucrative and fair, and you’re good to go.