When someone mentions the word ‘bookmaker’, what’s the first thing that pops up in your head? We’re guessing it’s probably things like Champions Leagues games, the Super Bowl, or even tennis Grand Slams. And that would be perfectly logical, as these events are considered the pinnacle of every punter’s years. However, bookies nowadays have started accepting bets on more than just sports. And that’s how specials betting sites were born.
Focusing on things such as award shows, reality TV, artistically-oriented ceremonies, and even the weather, these bookmakers are a true breath of fresh air. While betting on these events can seem uncanny at first, it’s incredibly easy to get in the hang of things. If you don’t believe us, continue reading and see for yourself. In the guide before you, you’ll find all the juice you need to get started and eventually become successful.
Top Rated Bookmakers for Specials Betting
Sometimes it can be tiresome betting on ordinary sports. If that is the case, below is a list of bookmakers for specials betting.
Bwin is a reputable site that allows punters to gamble on specials. The bookie covers different specials markets and allows gamblers to enjoy enhanced specials odds.
- Offers live results on specials.
- Allows accumulator betting.
- Provides helpful specials statistics.
- Refreshes specials markets daily.
- Lacks specials promotions.
Betting on specials is much easier and more fulfilling if you are using 888sport. Thanks to the bookmaker, you can access several specials and gamble on any as you wish.
- Offers a bet builder that you can use to punt on specials.
- Guarantees enhanced odds on specials.
- Offers live statistics.
- Allows specials live betting.
- Specials live fixtures are few.
Melbet is a reliable sportsbook that possesses an impressive list of specials. Additionally, the list is updated regularly to ensure you have the latest markets.
- Offers amazing odds on specials.
- Covers a full range of specials markets.
- Providers punters with specials live statistics.
- Guarantees significant odds.
- Specials live odds are slightly low.
1xbet covers specials amazingly well. It is a suitable site for amateur bettors and expert punters interested in the best specials betting services.
- Offers a full range of markets.
- Offers specials results.
- Has a bet builder for placing accumulator bets.
- Offers live statistics.
- Lacks specials free bets offers.
Boylesports is terrific for punting on specials. The bookie offers more specials than other bookmakers, and the placement of the events makes accessibility easy.
- Offers bet builder for specials.
- Provides access to live statistics.
- Has enhanced specials odds.
- Provides access to real-time results.
- Does not cover specifics markets.
What is Specials Betting?
Specials betting is probably the most unorthodox section found at online bookmakers. Simply put, it involves any form of real money wagering that doesn’t involve sports. We know that the term ‘sports betting’ is used cumulatively for any and all types of bets, but the industry has expanded into other niches, as well. So, what can you expect to bet on?
Well, the possibilities are technically endless. It can be anything that has an outcome or can be measured by numbers. In recent years, weather markets have been rising in popularity. Before that, specials bookmakers were mainly dominated by Oscars betting odds and similar award shows.
Which Are Some Trusted Specials Betting Websites?
If you really want to succeed at taking punts on specials, you should only aim for verified bookies. These online betting sites aren’t just regulated, but they have both the resources and the experience to deliver what you’re asking for. Don’t fall for brands that make promises that seem too good to be true – they’re not to be considered trusted bookmakers. To help you with the selection process, Betenemy put together a table of the top licensed online bookmakers for specials. Visit them all, take a look around, and pick one to try out. Good luck!
What Are the Available Betting Markets?
Online specials betting sites are known to offer all sorts of attractive markets, but we believe you should go with the following.
- Entertainment events and award winners. When you think about it, award shows are not so different from sports. You have multiple people vying for the same thing, and only one can emerge on top. Whether it’s reality TV or some other category, it’s imperative that you know the subject and are aware of the competition level.
- Music award shows. With thousands of artists entering the industry every year, and genres being global, music awards shows can get very, very interesting. To be able to succeed whilst taking punts on such events, it’s not enough to listen to the songs/albums. You have to know both the audience and the judges who are picking the winner. Snubs can happen, and you can pinpoint them by knowing the pane’s agenda. Remember the outrage at the 2014 Grammys when Macklemore won Best Rap Album over Kendrick Lamar? Those things happen. As for particular events, our picks would be the Grammys, BET Awards, BRITs, Billboard Music Awards, AMAs, and VMAs.
- Elections. If you’re already tired of the drama that occurs every couple of years, why not profit from it? Specials betting sites always cover the presidential election, but local ones can also be found. Be aware of the political climate and read a lot of polls, opinion pieces, and watch the debates.
- Movie award ceremonies. The Oscars and the Golden Globes are the pinnacle of the movie industry. It’s where each year is summarized and awards are handed out for the best performances. Many punters make the mistake of only focusing on Best Picture or Best Actor betting markets. There are dozens of categories, so you best prepare when February comes around.
- Weather. Yes, you read that right – specials betting sites accept bets on weather conditions. This can include temperature, humidity, wind speeds, and basically every other meteorological category. If you think you can outsmart the experts, go for it.
- Beauty pageants. Big pageants such as Miss Universe, Miss World, Miss Earth, and Miss International attract lots of interest. While you can never exactly guess what kind of performance will occur on stage, you can get lots of info by watching the contestants’ previous appearances, both in national and international competitions. It’s really fun!
What Are the Pros & Cons of Specials Betting?
The best thing about specials betting websites is that you don’t need to learn any rules or familiarize yourself with new terms and such. Whether it’s music, weather, elections, or something else – these things exist in our daily lives and we’re quite aware of them. There are also dozens upon dozens of markets, all waiting for you to try them out.
Unlike sports, these award shows can be a little bit dull. When you think about it, you’re just watching the presenter read out names from a piece of paper. Sure, a lot of research must go into every bet, but the whole thing usually ends up being very anticlimactic.
What Are Some Specials Betting Tips?
Specials betting sites can be tricky if you don’t know what you’re doing. Here’s how to traverse the inevitable bumps in the road:
- Check the news around the event. Sure, listening to all the albums or watching all the movies is important, but the real rumours start floating around just as the event is approaching. Whether it’s industry insiders, panelists, or even celebs themselves – you can find bits and pieces of information everywhere.
- Place your bet on the right moment. Don’t go too early, as tidbits of information often come out right before the awards show. For instance, you can hear movie critics not being pleased by some facet of a popular movie, and that could greatly impact Academy Awards odds. Watch for things like this.
- Do your own research and analyze the information. Never take anything at face value, consult multiple sources and try to dissect the meaning of all that info. It might seem quite taxing at first, but it’s worth it when your slip ends up being a winning one.
Is it a Good Idea to Place Live Bets on Specials?
Honestly, we are quite torn on this. Sure, you can tune into an awards show and take punts as the winners are announced. But is it really all that different from doing things before the night begins? It can still be an exciting experience. Just make sure you got the right info before pouncing on in-play markets.
Is it a Good Idea to Bet on Specials?
Of course! It’s one of our favourite categories because there’s literally no learning curve whatsoever. Everyone watches movies or listens to music, right? Due to this ubiquitousness of popular culture, anyone can be successful while playing at specials betting sites. Don’t make rash decisions, use our tips, and be patient. The results will come eventually.
What are the best specials betting sites?
1xbet, Bet365, and Melbet are the holy trinity of specials betting. You can’t go wrong with them!
Can you win at specials betting sites?
Certainly. In fact, things like music award shows and the Oscars are much easier to predict than the outcome of a sporting event. It isn’t random, but upsets can still happen.
Is it a good idea to bet on music award shows?
You can. However, there’s a lot of research that needs to be done.
Can I bet on the weather at specials betting sites?
Yes. This is a relatively recent addition, but all the best bookies have jumped on the bandwagon. For instance, William Hill offers punters the ability to bet on whether there will be snow on Christmas.
Are there promotions at specials betting sites?
Yes, specials bookmakers regularly offer enticing bonuses and free bets to attract new players. Make use of these deals and play with free cash.