The UFC has come a long way since the times when it was just Dana White’s ambitious project criticized for its brutality. But today, MMA betting sites are the best indicator that the sport has become the pinnacle of combat-based entertainment. And you can easily be a part of that just by placing wagers on mixed martial arts fights.
However, you need a solid base of operations before you proceed. That’s why Betenemy created this guide – to provide you with the best sites and bookmakers for UFC betting online. While this is enough in the beginning, we also wanted to give you some useful pointers. After you’re done reading, you’ll be able to effectively analyze even the most obscure undercards and have a chance at winning. Ready?
Top Rated Bookmakers for MMA Betting
MMA is one of the most enjoyable contact sports that you can punt on any of the following bookies. All you need to do is register for an account.
MMA betting is exciting on 888sport. The bookie covers multiple MMA events and offers punters various MMA features such as cash-out.
- Offers MMA in-play services
- Guarantees MMA Outrights
- Offers exciting MMA pre-match odds
- Has the best MMA statistics
- Has a few MMA odds
Cbet is an established sportsbook with a wide variety of sports, including MMA. The site has a suitable interface with a special MMA section making it easy for MMA punting.
- Provides punters with multiple MMA Outrights
- Offers exciting MMA pre-match odds
- Allows cash-out on select MMA bets
- Provides MMA live betting
- Lack the best MMA promotions
Thanks to BoyleSports, MMA enthusiasts can now easily and without any problem place MMA bets. The bookie covers both basic and professional MMA markets, for instance, Fight Winner and Total Rounds hence suitable for MMA punting.
- Has a wide range of MMA markets
- Provides MMA in-play gambling
- Offers MMA futures
- Guarantees exciting MMA odds
- Poor coverage of domestic MMA markets
This bookmaker is highly ranked with what it takes to ensure punters have enjoyable MMA betting sessions. We think William Hill covers nearly all MMA events making it exciting to use.
- Guarantees the best MMA odds
- Offers MMA statistics to bettors
- Allows MMA in-play betting
- Offers MMA betting tips to punters
- Does not have attractive MMA bonuses
Whether you want to bet on your computer or on the go, Betway is one of the best sites to consider. That is because it covers different MMA fights with attractive betting options per event.
- Offers live betting services
- Provides helpful MMA live statistics
- Has some of the best MMA odds
- Offers punters a bet builder
- Events have few MMA betting options
We want to present you also Vbet which is a dedicated bookie that offers the best MMA events. The site covers bet types such as Money Line, Bout Betting, and Technical Draw.
- Allows in-play betting
- Has a bet builder for MMA accumulator betting
- Provides punters with the best live statistics
- Has amazing odds
- Only focuses on international events
Known for its superb reputation, Unibet is one of the most recommended MMA betting sites. The bookie is unique, with lots of impressive MMA betting features.
- Has cash-out
- Offers MMA outrights
- Allow MMA in-play betting
- Has helpful UFC/MMA statistics
- Covers a few MMA markets
For years, Ladbrokes has been offering MMA betting services to punters across the globe. Ladbrokes is known to cover many UFC/MMA events, with each match having more than enough bet types for easy betting.
- Allows cash-out of MMA events
- Has generous MMA odds
- Offers MMA live statistics
- Allows MMA in-play betting
- Lacks specific MMA promos
What Is MMA Betting?
MMA betting involves placing real money wagers on MMA matches. Like with every other sport, people usually use the whole activity as a synonym for the best league. The Ultimate Fighting Championship is pretty much every fighter’s dream destination. Their signees get the best contracts and endorsement deals, which means the lucky participants can be set for life after just a few fights.
But that doesn’t mean MMA betting sites focus only on the UFC. We’re talking about a global sport here, so you’ll find dozens of different promotion companies organizing fight nights. Bellator, KSW, and ONE FC are just a few rising brands looking for their foothold in the world. This results in crazy allegiance switches, exciting fight cards, and most importantly – a constant stream of MMA fights for you to bet on.
Which Are Some Trusted MMA Betting Sites
But before you start following specific promotions, the first thing you need are trusted online bookmakers for MMA. While it may seem obvious that you should only focus on top online bookies, the importance of a good site can’t be overstated. Not only does it provide chances to earn money, but you also get special promos and other things that bring solid value. We at Betenemy always strive to recommend the best bookmakers. And that’s precisely what we did with these licensed betting sites for MMA. Above on this page, you will see our top list for the best places to take UFC punts and have fun at the same time.
What Are the Available Betting Markets?
MMA betting sites offer much more than just picking the winner. Here are our Betenemy’s favourite markets and why you should add them to your strategy:
- Method of victory. An MMA fighter can win by Decision, Forfeit, KO, Submission, KO, or TKO. DQs and NCs can also happen, but they’re incredibly rare. Some bookies let you choose the exact way you think the fight’s going to end and who’s going to end up victorious. The best way to predict the ending is to observe the favourite’s fighting style. If they’re more vicious, an early KO or TKO are entirely possible. Grapplers and wrestlers tend to force submissions later on.
- Rounds betting. Here’s another market where knowing the fighting style can help you. That’s how you know who’s going to perform well in the early rounds, or how long the fight might last. If you don’t want to watch the whole fight in suspense, just bet on the first or second round. Live MMA betting can also help you earn a pretty penny.
- Fight winner. The simplest one. It’s one guy/gal vs. the other, and the only thing matters is who will end up on top. No Contest (NC) finishes do happen, but this is because of severe infractions and other things that rarely occur. Even if the judges do call an NC, they do so later on. Most bookies only take the initial ruling into account when paying out bets.
- Will the fight go the distance? Depending on the promotion, fights usually last either 3 or 5 rounds max. There’s a special market that will let you bet on the possibility that there won’t be an early ending due to KO/TKO/submission. It’s a risky bet, but you can get a solid chance of winning if the showdown is poised to be less physical than usual.
- Totals – Over/Under. If you don’t think the fight will go the distance, you can bet whether the total number of rounds will be more than the oddsmakers’ line. If it’s at 1.5 rounds, either an over or an under will occur.
- What round will the fight end? The last market might not be too specific for some, so MMA betting sites let you pick the exact round when the fight stops. You’ll most likely see this marked grouped with the round/fight winner one, giving you even better odds than you otherwise would have gotten in this case. Initially, it does seem like this bet is risky, but a little bit of research will help you see the most probable outcomes.
Of course, these are just a few of the most important bets you’ll encounter. Bookies also offer props and some more technical bets, such as number of punches landed, successful takedowns, and whatnot. It all depends on the site you’ve chosen. Take your market preferences seriously when making your pick.
Which Are the Pros & Cons of MMA Betting?
Whenever our readers ask us why they should take up real money MMA betting, we always say – there’s just so much to watch. Unlike in boxing, where you can always expect a few potential approaches, you never know how a UFC fighter will counter his opponent’s move. Whether it’s judo, kickboxing, or even capoeira, it’s always amazing to see how different martial arts clash. You also learn a lot and get to see peak human athleticism at work.
Also, the sport has changed a lot in the last 10 years. Now, stats and tangible data mean much more than anyone thought they would. This gives you a nice intro to all the top MMA betting sites, and lets you make better use of tips and strategies later on.
What about the negative part? Well, even if you have access to the best UFC betting odds, the nature of MMA allows for a lot of unexpected endings. In basketball, you can concede a basket and just score at the other end. In football, turnarounds do happen. But in MMA fights, one wrong step can lead to a knockout. It’s fair to say that the UFC is pretty unpredictable, but it’s nothing out of the ordinary once you learn about the fighters.
What Are Some MMA Betting Tips?
To succeed at real money MMA betting sites, you need to apply your knowledge the correct way. Our team assembled a shortlist of essential tips that might help you do just that:
- Fighters’ style in the octagon. The beauty of MMA is that it’s a mix of many different martial arts. Some fighters make their UFC debut as experienced boxers, such as Holly Holm, while others, such as Ronda Rousey, previously found success in judo and other sports. This makes for a variety of different styles, with every fighter having their own special strong suit. Study how styles go against each other.
- Consider betting on the underdog. Like we previously said, even the best MMA betting site can’t save you from a crushing defeat. MMA is just that unpredictable. So, why not have fun and bet on the underdog? Remember, all it takes is one well-timed punch or armbar, and the fight is over. You can potentially win a lot of money if you create a separate, underdog slip.
- Do not always bet on the big favourites. There are a lot of factors that go into MMA betting odds. In most cases, oddsmakers put an emphasis on winning streaks, weight class changes, and even rumors. However, don’t forget about fighting styles. Even if a fighter has won 5 times in a row, an opponent with an approach they’re not used to can bring them down. Go beyond the names, study the fights themselves.
- Consider the age of fighters. Let’s put it bluntly – it’s not easy getting punched in the face for a living. The longer a fighter stays in the business, the less effective they’ll be. And it’s not just the face punches. Old injuries can come back to haunt them, as well as the usual stuff that happens when you’re almost 40. That’s why age difference can trump all other factors. A guy in his physical prime will have more stamina to last the occasional extra round and be fresh when it’s important.
Why Should You Place Bets on the UFC?
For years, the Ultimate Fighting Championship was hailed as the next big thing. Finally, it’s safe to say that it’s placed firmly in the global entertainment stratosphere. The coverage is at an all-time high, which means you can get lots of information in the weeks leading up to a fight. This helps when you’re looking to see how the fighters are training or if there’s going to be a change in the undercards.
Additionally, you will enjoy the very best in combat sports. As majestic individual techniques are, they are almost always restrained by their own rules and limitations. When you combine different styles from across the world, such as grappling and capoeira, you get an interesting display of wit and physical fitness. That’s why you should play at MMA betting sites – to learn something interesting and turn what you’ve learned into earnings.
Is It Worth It to Bet on MMA?
Taking punts on MMA fights is worth it if you’re willing to invest the right amount of effort. Even seemingly insignificant benefits are interesting, such as the fact that you might learn a thing or two about self-defense or get motivated to stay in shape. Of course, there’s always the fact that MMA betting is rewarding to everyone that does a decent amount of research. There are growing pains, certainly, but it won’t be long until you start to notice things and develop better intuition. Still, luck will always be the most important factor. Play smart.
Are all MMA betting sites trustworthy?
No. MMA bookies are safe if they have a license, good reviews, and a track record of resolving disputes quickly and in an honest manner.
How to find the best site for MMA betting?
To find the best MMA betting sites, check out Betеnemy’s list above. It contains licensed bookies that give the best odds on UFC fights, as well as other promotions.
Is MMA live betting a good idea?
Yes, but only once you get a bit of experience in pre-match betting. It’s best not to overdo things and learn in stride.
Can you win at MMA betting sites?
If you choose a trustworthy UFC bookie, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t win. Although sports betting is never certain, you can see results by applying simple strategies and staying informed.
Should I only bet on UFC fights?
Not at all. There are promotions in almost every region in the world. In fact, almost every UFC fighter you see came up in such an organization, so watching MMA events in Europe, Asia, and South America can be a chance to see the next star. Bellator is the best alternative.
Are there MMA betting bonuses?
Some bookmakers offer deposit bonuses and free bets for MMA events. You’ll have to create an account and sign up for email alerts to get notified of these exclusive deals.