Even though experience and preparation can help when placing bets, it’s essential that you do so on the best soccer betting sites available. But why is that, exactly? Well, it’s all about putting yourself in a position to win and get the most value possible. If you find good bookmakers, with lots of markets and useful features, you can focus on the betting itself.
But how does one find quality soccer betting websites? Admittedly, the market is more saturated than ever. The UKGC has also seen a rise in the number of license applications, so it’s difficult to separate the good ones from the bad ones. Fortunately for you, Betenemy has your back.
In today’s guide, we’ll cover the essential qualities of soccer betting sites, as well as what markets you should look for. We hope you’ll find an ideal match and have fun whilst playing!
Top Bookmakers for Football Betting
Choosing an online betting bookmaker is quite important. That’s why we’ve put together some of the best you can choose from:
It is time to look at these top bookmakers for soccer betting below and mention some words for them.
Bet365It is not surprising that we start our ranking with the bookmaker, who is one of the leaders in soccer betting. Introducing Bet365 – a company that, in addition to some of the most popular football events, will give you a variety of markets for them. Also, you have quite useful betting options for football bets, so you have everything you need.
- Live betting
- Pre-match betting
- Active cashout option for some events
- Available live streaming function for some matches
- Some players share that some betting markets in Bet365 come with highly dynamic betting odds
This bookmaker is a veteran. Many soccer betting fans mention that William Hill is the best choice when we talk about this type of bet. The reasons for that include on their platform players can find various popular events, high odds and many betting markets.
- High fixed odds
- Low minimum stake
- Plenty of matches
- Active in-play section
- The cash-out option is not always active
It does not matter that you will choose a desktop football betting or from your mobile phone. If you use 22bet all betting services work perfectly. That’s why their sportsbook and football betting, in particular, are prefered.
- Provides a huge number of live betting markets
- Coverings a massive array of betting opportunities
- Missing live streaming feature
It is time to introduce one more bookmaker, which tries to provide good opportunities for football betting. We talk about Bwin which has top competitions, high odds and often offers price boosts or enhanced ACCAs for popular betting leagues.
- High odds
- Big range of football options
- Players cannot use cash-out option on all live football betting events
This bookmaker specialises in football betting. That is the reason many players want to place a bet on their platform. We can say that 888sport is a really good choice for the online bookmaker. They refine their website regularly.
- Cashout is active for some events
- Live streaming option is available for some football matches
- The odds level are medium
Parimatch is a trusted football bookmaker with features and hundreds of football events. The bookies cover all the major leagues and some domestic options.
- Offers in-play betting
- Has a bet builder for accumulator betting
- Offers professional football betting tips
- Provides extensive football live stats
- Lacks better football bonuses
The bookie is one of the most visited platforms by football fanatics. Vbet is unique, with lots of exciting football offers that make football betting exhilarating.
- Has a detailed football section
- Covers 100 and over markets per event
- Has the best football betting tips
- Allows live betting
- Not suitable for punting on domestic matches
This bookie is one of the top-rated football betting platforms that allows punters to access the best football matches. Furthermore, Pinnacle is dedicated to providing the best football betting experience.
- Offers amazing football bonuses
- Allows live streaming of football events
- Grants access to real-time results
- Suitable football live statistics
- Live betting odds are slightly low
What is Football Betting?
Football betting is the act of wagering money on a certain outcome in a football game. Old school bookies have been evading anti-gambling laws since the 1920s, using a simple trick. This, of course, was pool betting. Basically, bettors would gather, put their money together and bet on different outcomes. Depending on the odds, the winners would receive a part of the losers’ wagers.
With 1960’s Gambling Act, Britain saw the inception of a legal football betting infrastructure. Betting shops opened in just about every town and village, and quickly became a place for social gatherings and all sports-related banter. However, the biggest revolution happened in the late 1990s, when online bookmakers became available. This brought us into a world of advanced stats, exotic markets, and exciting props.
Which Are Some Trusted Football Betting Sites?
The best way to find trusted bookmakers is by doing research about their reputations. If a site has been online for a long time, chances are they’re fair and provide tangible value to every player. William Hill, Britain’s oldest sports betting brand, is a great example. Aside from them, you can also take a look at some other big names, such as Betway or Bwin. Ladbrokes is a favourite amongst Brits, too.
You can also try out other licensed bookies. The UKGC is notorious for its strict standards and frequent audits, so if they gave someone a license, you can rest assured that the site is legit. All in all, verified betting sites are a must.
If both the regulator and the players say they’re good, there’s no chance they’re a fraud. To stay extra safe, you can pick a brand from our list of the best online bookmakers. We’ve tested them extensively, so you can’t really go wrong with any of them. Enjoy!
What Are the Available Betting Markets?
The best soccer betting sites always offer hundreds of different markets, but most of them are pretty complex. Let’s take a look at the most basic ones and what’s their value:
- Full-time result. With this market, you’re betting which team is going to win or if there’s going to be a draw. It’s also called the 1X2 bet, so don’t get confused if you see different bookies use different terms. Most sites consider 90 minutes to be the conclusion of the match, while some also take extra time and penalties into account.
- Draw no bet. Almost the same as the previous bet. The only difference is that you’re only picking the winner, with draws being out of the picture. If the teams happen to draw, you will get your money back.
- Outright bets. Instead of focusing on a single match, outrights aim for an entire tournament or league. You’re not betting on whether Tottenham will prevail over Leicester – you’re picking who will win the league. These markets are often risky but have high odds.
- Asian handicap. If one team is much, much stronger than the other, they start with a handicap. Let’s say Manchester United are playing Arsenal and they’re 10 spots above them on the table. Even though it’s obvious that Man Utd will win, the Asian handicap adds a bit more uncertainty to the match.
- Double chance. The full-time result bet has three options – home team wins (1), draw (X), and away team wins (2). However, you can only pick one. If you choose a double chance, you can opt for two of the three possible outcomes. The odds are lower, but you have a 66% chance to win.
- Half-time/full-time. If you don’t feel like watching the whole 90 minutes, you can just bet on what the outcome will be at the halfway point. The best part is that you can choose either half and enjoy the action.
- Correct score. With this one, you’re not picking just the winner. The correct score market allows you to pick any possible score as the outcome. It usually goes up to 7, due to the rarity of teams scoring more than 5 goals.
- Winning margin. Don’t want to lose out because the score was 3-1 instead of 2-0? This bet lets you avoid the headaches and just pick the goal difference. The exact number of goals is irrelevant.
- European handicap. Unlike its Asian counterpart, the European handicap also allows you to choose ‘draw’ as the end result. If one team gets a 2 goal headstart, and they manage to win by two, it’s considered as a draw.
- Both teams score. You’re just betting that both teams will score at least one goal, and everything else doesn’t matter. Perhaps the simplest of all markets.
- Top goalscorer. Sometimes considered as an outright bet, this one lets you pick the player who you think will score the most goals in a competition. Think Harry Kane will dominate the EPL once again? Well, you can put money where your mouth is.
Which Are the Pros & Cons of Soccer Betting?
The pros of soccer betting are plentiful. Our team thinks these are the most important ones:
- Almost all UK soccer betting sites have the sport as their priority, so you can bet anywhere
- Footy is by far the most popular sport and it has the most markets
- There are always promos for big football tournaments
- It’s easy to get into
When it comes to cons, there aren’t many, but you should definitely take these into account before you start playing:
- One goal in the last minute of the match can mess up your whole betting slip
- Prop bets are plentiful, but it’s hard to follow the outcome since there are 22 people on the pitch at any given moment
- It can be risky sometimes
What Are Some Football Betting Tips?
The best football betting tips won’t make you into a millionaire overnight. Still, they can be the missing piece in your strategy, if you really want to bet like a pro. Now that you know what soccer websites to look for and which markets to aim for, you can apply these tips:
- Understand the markets on which you bet. We can’t stress this enough. Google explanations and examples. Never bet blindly because that’s a surefire way of jeopardizing your whole bankroll.
- See the form of the teams. Even the best teams can have a dip in form. No matter the quality of individual players, a string of losses can have a profound psychological effect on the whole squad. By betting on an in-form underdog, you can win a decent amount of money.
- Consider the home-field advantage. 30,000 or more passionate fans can breathe new life into a struggling team. Never discount the power of the supporters, even when the home squad is the underdog. Do research about the best supporters and you might be able to predict an upset.
- See if there are injured/suspended/missing players. Football is a team game, but the absence of a key player can result in a calamity for his team. Follow a couple of prominent journos to be up to date with all the news. Ornstein, Di Marzio, and Romano are all good picks.
- Analyse team performance and style. No matter how good a team might be, there are just some playstyles that they don’t feel comfortable against. Do a bit of tactical research and pinpoint the weaknesses of each team. This can lead to some brilliant conclusions.
- Look at the statistics before the match. All great soccer betting websites offer statistical overviews. Check the whole season and see if there are indicators that a team might underperform or overperform.
- Concentrating on certain leagues will grow your chances of success. Don’t let your mind wander around the bookie’s site. Sure, betting on multiple leagues is fun, but it’s impossible to accomplish anything if you don’t analyse them closely. That’s why it’s best to pick a single league and go with it.
- Be patient and do not chase your losses. Even though these tips and various stats might help you, football betting is still gambling. It’s down to pure luck and you can never be sure. Don’t sweat it if you lose. Set aside a budget that you can afford to lose and don’t worry about bad stretches. It happens to everyone.
Football Live Betting – Positives and Negatives
Football live betting is a great way to earn money quickly. You can jump into the action in the 80th minute and take advantage of the high odds if there’s a key goal score. It’s by far the most efficient way of betting on football.
However, it’s also the quickest way to lose and there aren’t as many markets available as there are in pre-game betting. BetEnemy advises beginners to stick to pre-game markets and only focus on in-play bets once they get a hang of it.
Is It Worth It to Bet on Soccer?
It is most definitely worth it to take up football betting. Due to the fact that it’s the most popular sport in the world, it gets the most markets, the best analysis, and even some juicy promos. However, it’s still a game of luck. Just be patient, stick to a strategy, and it will be worth it in the end.
Which football betting websites should you avoid?
Generally, you should always avoid soccer betting sites that aren’t licensed in the UK. Also, be wary of brands that constantly receive bad reviews and that have unresolved complaints.
Which are the best soccer betting sites?
The best soccer betting sites are, if you ask us, Betway, Bwin, Ladbrokes, William Hill, and Bet365. These five brands have emerged as the top options for every bettor in 2023.
Is football betting risky?
Football betting is risky because it’s, at the end of the day, gambling. However, it’s still one of the least risky sports to bet on due to the abundance of information available.
Do I need a bonus to play at soccer betting sites?
You don’t need a bonus to bet on football matches, but it will definitely come in handy. A good welcome offer lets you check out the site without risking your own funds.
What is the best league for football betting?
Obviously, the English Premier League is the best choice if you want to place bets. However, the other Big Four leagues (Spain, Italy, France, and Germany) are also fine. Don’t ignore the Portuguese Primeira Liga, either.
2 comments for “Top Rated Bookmakers for Football Betting (2023)”