Top Rated Bookmakers for Cycling Betting
Cycling betting is immersive, especially if you use bookies covering essential races such as Tour de France, Giro d’Italia, and Vuelta a España. The good news is that you are guaranteed to have a fantastic cycling betting experience with the following sites.
If you want to punt on Pro Tour, Tour de France, and other world cycling tours, Bwin should be your number one site. Bwin provides punters with the main cycling events and multiple features to ease cycling betting.
- Offers punters live cycling statistics
- Allows cycling in-play betting
- Provides punters with the cash-out feature
- Allows live streaming of some events
- Lacks suitable cycling offers
Cycling is among the many sports offered by VBET bookmakers. The bookie allows punters to access events from multiple tournaments, including Olympic Cycling and Tour of Britain.
- Allows live streaming of cycling events
- Offers boosted cycling odds
- Provides punters with real-time results
- Covers multiple cycling markets
- Primarily offers international cycling events
Thanks to the operator’s dedication, Ladbrokes is currently one of the best bookies to place bets on local and international cycling events. Also, the bookie offers its clients cycling Outrights on significant events, making it perfect.
- Offers live cycling statistics
- Provides cycling punters with live streaming services
- Has enhanced odds
- Allows partial cash-out
- Lacks the intriguing cycling bonuses
22bet is a great online site for anyone who wishes to enjoy outstanding fixed odds on cycling events. Additionally, the site offers multiple wagering options such as top 3 finish, race winner, and number of finishers.
- Allows cash-out on cycling events
- Allows live streaming of most cycling events
- Provides clients with cycling betting tips
- Posts terrific cycling live statistics
- The odds are pretty low
Whether you want to punt on cycling events or get news, 888sport is the best bookmaker to consider. The betting site is famous for providing its punters with multiple betting options on the best cycling events.
- Allows punters to stream cycling events live
- Offers professional cycling betting tips
- Has a bet builder for accumulator betting
- Offers the best cycling coverage
- Offers few domestic cycling events
If you are searching for a licensed and dedicated bookmaker to place cycling bets, opt for Unibet. Actually, Unibet allows betting on all the grand European tours in France, Italy, and Spain.
- Has an excellent coverage of cycling events
- Offers live cycling statistics
- Accepts cash-out
- Guarantees amazing odds
- Does not provide live streams to all cycling tournaments
What is Cycling Betting?
Cycling betting is when someone places a bet on the events or outcome of a cycling race. From seasonal classics to multiple-stage bicycle races. From cobbled streets to smooth roads. From sheer climbs to flat sprints. The types of races to bet on in cycling are wide-ranging, plus depending on the type of race there is likely to be a good choice of markets too.
Which Are Some Trusted Cycling Betting Sites?
Due to its popularity in Britain, some of the best bookmakers for cycling markets are the UK based ones. Look at the markets offered by trusted bookies such as Ladbrokes or Betway, however, any online betting sites worth their salt will offer cycling markets. When betting on websites and apps in the UK ensure they are licensed online bookmakers by looking for the seal of the UK Gambling Commission.
What Are the Available Betting Markets?
- Top 3 Finish
Bet on individual riders to win and choose to back it each way, effectively placing two bets one that the rider will win, and another that they will finish in the top 3.
- Outright Winner
The most common type of bet to place on any sport. Here, you need to just select a racer and tip them to be the outright winner.
- Number of finishers
Bet on how many cyclists will finish the race. This tends to be presented as a limit over/under bet.
- King of the Mountains
King of the Mountains is a title given to the best climber in a road race, typically the Grand tours. To wager on this select a cyclist you expect to earn the title.
- Match-up Markets
Cycling betting sites will usually set their match-ups and punters select who they think will win. The winner is decided by which cyclist achieved the highest placing in a particular stage or race.
- Stage Wins – Over/Under
In multi-stage races, a different cyclist can win each stage. This is another Over/Under bet and different cyclists have different limits depending on their perceived chances. For example, Mark Cavendish will likely have a higher limit such as 4.5, you can bet that he will win over or under 4.5 stages.
- Top 10 finish
Choose a rider and back them to finish in the top 10 cyclists. Favourites have smaller odds than outsiders.
- Points classification winner
Points classification is a secondary competition which runs alongside the actual race. The points leader can normally be identified by a special jersey. To play this market choose a cyclist you think will be the points winner.
Which Are the Pros & Cons of Cycling Betting?
- Pros of Cycling Betting
- Cycling events occur all year round
- With such huge numbers taking part in a race or tour you could potentially find the next Chris Froome
- A large number of riders also means there are lots of statistics and outcomes to bet on
- Cons of Cycling Betting
- Requires good knowledge of tracks, the layout of tours and different cyclists’ strengths and weaknesses
- Cycling races can take many days – the Tour de France takes place across 23 days
What Are Some Cycling Betting Tips?
- Follow the latest news about the races
Knowing about the news from the previous stage can help you anticipate your punts on the next stage.
- Be familiar with the race type differences
Different races have different terrains which last for different periods and lengths. Knowing what is coming up in the next stage and just generally knowing the overall layout of the race will help you decide your bet
- Be careful when you bet on a team or rider performance
You may have done your research and you think you have a certain bet but anything could change within the team and riders are human.
- Search for information about different teams
This ties in with knowing the terrain of a race, certain teams are better equipped for hills than others, having this knowledge will help with choosing what bet to make.
Is it a Good Idea to Place Live Bets on Cycling?
Cycling is an engaging sport and things can turn on a penny so betting on cycling live can be rewarding. Odds can shift from second to season and in-play betting allows you to take advantage of this.
Is it Worth it to Bet on Cycling?
Yes, cycling is enjoyable and with a range of teams or cyclists to go back to or markets to explore, it is a great sport to bet on.
What are some ways to find the best bookie to bet on cycling online?
The best way to find the best bookie is by navigating to their website and looking at their cricket section. You may also want to consider a bookie with good bonuses,
Is it a good idea to use different betting platforms when betting on cycling?
It will not necessarily affect how much you win or lose but you may find different markets and competitions on other websites.
What is a good strategy for cycling betting?
The best time to find good rates is during the three big tours, learn about riders and teams then focus on the straights and inclines.
Is it safe to bet on cycling online?
It is safest if you are using a trusted sportsbook regulated by the UK Gambling Commission.