There’s a reason why NFL fans call the sport ‘chess with humans as pieces.’ American football betting is on the rise precisely because of this devotion to strategy. You can not only win a lot from online bookmakers but also learn a lot as you’re traversing the markets. In today’s guide, we’ll give you the tools to do exactly that. From American football moneylines to essential tips, you’ll get the start you need!
Top Online Bookmakers for American Football Betting
Betting on American Football requires a bookie that offers the best AFL markets and covers many AFL events. Furthermore, it should have fantastic betting features, just like the options provided below.
Since the formation of the sportsbook, 888sport has been offering punters exciting American Football markets. The site covers various American Football leagues, including the NFL and NCAA.
- Allows Live AFL betting
- Provides incredible AFL odds
- Offers AFL betting tips
- Allows live streaming of select AFL markets
- Lacks suitable AFL promotions
Being one of the top sportsbooks, Ladbrokes is dedicated to ensuring players enjoy the best AFL gambling experience. That is by providing punters with AFL events that are updated daily to ensure you don’t miss a match.
- Covers all the major AFL events
- Allows AFL in-play betting
- Provides punters with AFL Outrights
- Allows cash-out select AFL bets
- Has less appealing AFL live odds
22bet is one of the best AFL sportsbooks that you can depend on to enjoy online gambling. The bookmaker has a long list of AFL events, numerous bet types, and competitive odds.
- Offers live AFL statistics
- Allows AFL live betting
- Accepts cash-out on some bets
- Every event has multiple AFL betting options
- Lacks AFL-Specific promotions
For years Betway has been offering the best AFL betting services to non-restricted gamblers. That is by providing them with hundreds of AFL events as soon as they occur, not to mention providing features such as cash-out to make AFL betting more exciting.
- Allows in-play gambling
- Adds AFL events regularly
- Offers AFL bet builder
- Guarantees substantial odds
- Offers a few bet types per event
Melbet is a uniquely designed bookie with a long list of AFL matches. The bookmaker also covers every AFL championship with mobile apps that make AFL betting on the go possible.
- Allows in-play betting
- Offer significant AFL odds
- Has a bet builder
- Accepts cash-out
- Quite slow for AFL punters
Owned by Entain, Bwin is a gambling website known to cover every AFL match. The operator refreshes the AFL events every day, making it easy to access the latest AFL betting matches.
- AFL matches are added regularly
- Offers impressive AFL statistics to players
- Has the best AFL betting tips
- Allows AFL in-play betting
- Lacks the best AFL-specific bonuses
Bet365 is always offering players the best AFL markets with a bet builder to make accumulator punting possible. Furthermore, it has terrific odds on some AFL markets that will excite you.
- Allows in-play betting
- Has excellent AFL coverage
- Offers AFL betting tips to clients
- Allows cash-out on some events
- Lack worthy AFL promotions
What Is American Football Betting?
American football betting involves wagering money on NFL games. Since each team only plays 17 games during the regular season (since 2021), it’s easy to keep track of all the matchups and lines. This makes American football betting odds some of the most sought-after in the business, garnering attention year-round.
Which Are Some Trusted American Football Betting Sites?
No matter what, only place bets at licensed betting websites. Using the services of these top online bookmakers for American football gives you legal protection and ensures the site isn’t a scam. Betenemy has tested various trusted bookmakers and ranked them according to their NFL offers and related content. Check out these verified bookies at our table above.
What Are the Available Betting Markets?
There are many betting markets you can find at the best American football betting websites. Our team believes you should mainly focus on these:
- Winning margin. During NFL games, teams can score points in a variety of ways. These leaves a lot of opportunities for different winning margins, all of which you can bet on.
- Moneyline betting. You’re just betting on who will win the game. A negative number next to a team, like -200, means you have to bet $200 to win $100, while a positive one – +300, means you can win $300 by wagering just $100.
- Quarter/Half betting. Instead of focusing on the whole game, American football betting sites allow you bet on who will win the half or just a single quarter.
- Spread betting. When there’s an unequal matchup, betting on the moneyline can be boring. Spreads let you bet that a team will win by more than a certain margin, or that the underdog will win or lose above a previously set threshold.
- Futures. If you like thinking far ahead, there are American football betting odds on events/outcomes far in the future. For instance, you can bet on who will win the 2024 Offensive MVP.
- Over/Under. This is just gauging whether the total number of points will be above or below a line that the oddsmakers had previously established.
- Handicap betting. It’s basically just like NFL spreads. One team is given a point advantage so that the money is pretty much even.
Which Are the Pros & Cons of American Football Betting?
The biggest reason why you should play at American football betting sites is the depth of the game itself. Strategy is everything, so you’ll never get bored watching teams try to outsmart each other. Also, there’s a lot of NFL markets to choose from, giving you a constant stream of bets to place.
As for the downsides, the same tactics that can be captivating are sometimes cumbersome for beginners. However, Betenemy believes that the effort is worth it when you find your footing a bit.
What Are Some American Football Betting Tips?
Mastering all the rules of American football can be rewarding, but you need to apply them correctly. Use these tips to avoid making mistakes:
- Follow the news surrounding the team and players. Training camp recaps and rumors can give a quick scoop. Follow reputable journos on Twitter.
- Study how the team plays – offensive/defensive. Even Tom Brady was denied a few rings because of a weak defensive line. American football is a game of two sides – don’t forget that.
- Select markets you understand. Don’t focus on intricacies such as rushing yards or flags thrown. Instead, start with the basics and learn along the way.
- Follow the home team. American football betting sites are unique because this is a sport where the home team always has a big advantage. More than 50,000 rabid fans can change the tide quite quickly.
- Pick up teams you know. Since there are 32 NFL teams, and most of them don’t even play against each other, it’s impossible to focus on all of them. Instead, picking a favourite or two and watch their performances.
Why Should You Place Bets on the NFL?
You should play at American football betting sites because there’s always something to enjoy or analyze. The sport teaches you how to prepare and observe things strategically, instead of just looking at what happens superficially. You can also get a lot of value from the following stats, too.
Is It Worth It to Bet on American Football?
Betting on American football is, without a doubt, worth it. The learning curve may be a bit steep, but NFL markets are always widely available and can help you understand other sports, as well. It’s still luck at the end of the day, though.
Is American football betting hard?
American football betting isn’t particularly challenging, but there’s a lot of tactics to be learned before you can begin.
Do I need a bonus to bet on the NFL?
Yes, you do need a bonus because every extra pound can boost your winnings in the end.
What are the best American football betting sites?
Check out Betenemy’s list to find the best bookies for NFL bets.
How do I find good NFL betting odds?
To find the best American football odds, just compare the offers and go for the best one.
Can I find American football betting futures for the Superbowl?
Yes, lots of bookies like to offer early odds on Superbowl winners and the Superbowl MVP for future seasons.